My Lazy Clock
Have to make a pretty edge, so i chose a 45 degree chamfer. I hadn't used it before, so here was the perfect opportunity.
Here is a little look at the corners after using the router. It looks good so far. I sanded it just a little bit.
Center up a little hole for the clock motor parts to go through. Hole needed to be just a little bit bigger than the clock part so that it would stick in there firmly. Painted this 'Carmel Latte'. It's got a neat gold and silver color to it. The sides where i used the router didn't take to that paint very well, so...
I decided to paint the sides black. Taped off the main part of it, then just used some black spray paint. Due to the 45 degree chamfer, the paint still didn't take well to the sides, but this made for a pretty neat effect. Placed the clock motor in the hole and attached the hands... Got them at Hobby Lobby (of course) Cost was about $5.
Used the silhouette machine to cut out some numbers and words in vinyl. That was about all that had to be done. TA-DA!
Only real cost on this one was the Clock motor it was about $5. Everything else was stuff that we already had.